David Giertz, former president of the sales division of Nationwide Financial, has more than thirty years under his belt of experience in the financial service industry. Having graduated from Milikin University with a Bachelor of Science degree and from the University of Miami with a Master’s degree in Business Administration, he joined Nationwide in 1999 after spending ten years in Citigroup.
He is now based in Dublin, Ohio, for Nationwide Life Insurance and is a registered FINRA broker in eighteen states. David Giertz has increased the profits of Nationwide Financial’s Ohio division by over six billion dollars, due to his creative strategies. He is known for innovation, excellence and his hard work.
When a recent survey revealed the number of retirees not being properly informed about their Social Security, David Giertz responded with some enlightenment. He pointed out the problem of complexity; the Social Security program rules are now so numerous that most advisors feel overwhelmed learning them, even more to go through them with their elderly clients. The financial advisors need to discuss the program with their clients, however; a lot of retirees can lose money by not understanding it, or not preparing a backup income. The Social Security can provide 40 percent of some retirees’ income; but a retirement plan is still needed to cover the other 60 percent.
Another problem is jumping the gun on retirement; by going into retirement and claiming Social Security before full retirement age, the income can be held taxable against the client. But if some patience is applied, and the client waits until full retirement age, then the Social Security benefits will grow substantially each year. David Giertz commented on the importance of giving full thought to Social Security before retirement, and creating the retirement plan that will maximize Social Security benefits. https://onmogul.com/david-giertz-70