Timothy D. Armour has been appointed as the chairman for Capital Group board in July 2015. Capital Group is the world’s leading investment management company and home of the American Funds. He was promoted to this position due to the loss of Capital Group’s previous chairman, Jim Rothenbrerg.
Armour is now the chairman and principal executive of Capital Research and Management Company, the chief executive office and chairman of Capital Group, and chairman of the Capital Group Companies Management Committee.
He’s also an portfolio manager of equity. With 33 years of investment expertise with Capital Group, Tim Armour knows the ins and outs of this business. And thus, he is a prime candidate to assist with investments.
His Work and Educational Background
Based in Los Angeles, California, Armour earned his bachelor’s degree from Middlebury College in economics. He started his career as a participant in The Associates Program at Capital Group. Afterwards, he became an equity investment analyst for Capital Group where he covered US service and global telecommunications companies.
His Board Memberships
His membership in various executive boards are as follows:
- Chairman, Principal Executive Officer, Director, and Chairman of Management Committee
- Capital Research and Management Company
- Equity Portfolio Manager and Chairman of Management Committee
- The Capital Group Companies, Inc.
- President, Executive Vice President, and Nominee Director of Capital Research & Management Company and Director of Capital Research & Management Company
- AMCAP Fund
From The Associates Program to Chairman and CEO, Tim Armour has been a main rising star for Capital Group for over 33 years now. He continues to use his expertise to continually make Capital Group a thriving success, and he even reaches out to others for them to have the best success possible in investments.