You may of read about FreedomPop this week on the Wall Street Journal Blog. This new tech company is an exciting alternative approach to the big guys in the communications industry. With all the controversy surrounding ComCast lately, smart investors are looking at startups like FreedomPop. It could be the next AT&T.
FreedomPop is just a bit different because they offer free mobile services to any American. Check out the free services and executives that make it happen.
FreedomPop is located in Los Angeles and was opened to the public in October of 2012. The company is backed by DCM, Mangrove Capital and Atomico.
FreedomPop offers free services for home broadband, wireless service for the internet and mobile phone services for 4G. The high-speed service for wireless internet runs on Sprint, WiMax and CDMA networks. They currently offer their Photon Mobile Hotspot on Amazon and have apps available on iTunes and Google Play.
• Stephen Stokols is the Chief Executive Officer of the company. Previously, he worked as the CEO at Woo Media, which is a fast growing interactive video company. Today, at FreedomPop he oversees partner alliances, customer acquisitions and product innovation.
• Scott Bendar is the current Chief Technology Officer at FreedomPop. His responsibilities include areas of solution delivery and technology. Scott has quite an extensive background in technology and is a good match for FreedomPop. His background includes working for Zannel Inc. as a Vice President of Engineering, Infospace as the director overseeing the technology division, and he also worked at AG Interactive where he was responsible for mobile technology solutions.
• Chris Chen is the current Vice President of Consumer Experiences and Operations. In essence, he sees to customer satisfaction and efficient business operation practices. His background includes a decade of content publishing, mobile gaming and other extensive areas of telecommunications.
• Steven Sesar is currently the Chief Operating Officer. He oversees a number of areas including retention efforts, site conversion, customer acquisition and monetization. His background includes more than a decade of experience primarily focused on internet products for consumers, and he is a very experienced technologist.
• Mauricio Sastre uses his extensive experience and knowledge to keep the product division running smoothly. As the Vice President, his role is to oversee mobile and web products, and he leads the wireless manufacturing and innovation divisions. Mauricio is well suited to these tasks with a background in technology and product experiences totaling more than 13 years.
FreedomPop has a diverse group of executives with exceptional skills and internet knowledge that provide top-notch services. They are ready to face new technology challenges, and they are offering you a chance at free wireless, broadband and mobile phone services.